Veteran Funeral Services – Honoring a Hero
Men and women who serve in the Military do a great honor to our country, they deserved to be honored. One of the ways to honor our veterans is to pay them proper respects as they pass away. Smith Family Funeral Home is privileged to work with military families to develop memorial services that celebrate the life and service of deceased veterans. We are capable of hosting full military services or intimate family gatherings.
- An American flag is provided, at no cost, which may be draped over the casket during the burial, or placed alongside the urn if cremation is chosen.
- The Department of Veteran Affairs provides headstone markers and/or medallions at no cost. Smith Family Funeral Home can take care of obtaining these for you.
- We work together with the St. Clair County Allied Veteran Council. They provide the following services:
- Folding of flag and presenting it to next of kin while Taps is played.
- Veteran Prayer
- Military Gun Salute – Empty bullet rounds are given to next of kin/family members
- The St. Clair County Allied Veteran Council is present at the funeral as well as the cemetery.
- For more information about the St. Clair County Allied Veteran Council, please visit their website here.
If you would like to learn more about a Veteran funeral service with Smith Family Funeral Home, or if you have any questions, please contact us at (810) 985-4351. It would be our honor to speak with you.